- Home Students on Track
Students on Track
The Supercars Students on Track program is a great opportunity for teachers and students to spend a day trackside at a local Virgin Australia Supercars Championship race event to learn about one of Australia’s top sports up close.
Note: Registrations for the 2019 Students on Track program have now closed.
Please email email@example.com for any enquiries. 2020 registration details will be published shortly!
The Students on Track program includes free access to the circuit and Supercars paddock on the Friday of a race weekend where students can witness the action of the team garages.
Unlike any other sport, students will be close enough to watch the drivers, engineers and team owners run through their paces and get the cars ready for racing. Then…..there’s the thrills of the watching the Supercars practice sessions, the support category sessions and the on and off-track entertainment.
But… it’s not just a day at the races! Supercars provide student workbooks, matched to the school curriculum, which show how classroom learnings translate to life on the race track to really get the most out of the excursion. The workbooks are created specifically for primary and secondary schools to ensure Supercars is catering to all levels of education. Then, there is the chance to participate in the Junior Press conference where students can pretend to be budding journalists and interview a number of the top drivers about any aspect of their driving lives.
Don’t miss the chance for your school to look under the bonnet of one of Australia’s favourite and longest running sports. Best of all, this high octane lesson is absolutely FREE!*
- * Available to Australian and New Zealand primary and secondary schools only. Students must be in uniform and must have teacher present.
- All students and teachers must have a ticket. Tickets must be displayed at all times. Tickets are only valid for the Students on Track event dates listed.
- Sufficient adult supervision is required for each group. Transport not included.
- ** NB Gold Coast and Newcastle Students on Track does NOT include access to the paddock as there is no paddock at this event. Tickets include entry to the event only.
- *** NB Auckland Students on Track does NOT feature team transporters in the paddock.