Walkinshaw Andretti United wants clarity over its 2024 driver line-up by next month’s Sandown 500, says Team Principal Bruce Stewart.
WAU is one of several teams yet to confirm its full driver line-up for the 2024 season amid a busy silly season.
Chaz Mostert and Nick Percat have formed WAU’s line-up since the start of 2022, the latter joining Mostert last year.
Star driver Mostert, who is fifth in the 2023 drivers’ championship, will remain at the team next season.
Percat’s future remains unconfirmed, however, with Fabian Coulthard and Ryan Wood linked to the drive.
Coulthard joined WAU in 2022 as a co-driver, having departed Team Sydney amid its rebirth as PremiAir Racing.
The veteran driver — who is also racing full-time in Porche Carrera Cup — partnered Mostert in the 2022 Repco Bathurst 1000, and will race with Percat this season.
Promising Kiwi youngster Wood — who is racing one of WAU’s two Super2 entries — recently underwent an evaluation day with the team.
Speaking to media at The Bend on Friday, Stewart said the team is “working through it” with an eye on a firm decision in coming weeks.
However, Stewart said the Ford squad wants everything locked away by next month’s Penrite Oil Sandown 500.
"There's a lot going on," Stewart said of the driver market.
"We're still evaluating — at the moment, Chaz is under contract and Nick is under review and we haven't got anything to announce or talk about at the moment.
"We're working through it and clearly want to have it ratified before we get to Sandown."
It was a similar story for Team 18 boss Charlie Schwerkolt, who said his team’s 2024 look could be announced as early as next week.
Mark Winterbottom is contracted with the team for next season, with Scott Pye off contract. Recent speculation has linked Penrite Racing’s David Reynolds to the team.
"Frosty’s locked away, and Scott’s contract is up at the moment, so we’re going through all our plans at the moment," Schwerkolt said.
"Hopefully we’ll have some news soon."