“We’ll continue to discuss it with the teams, but right now if we have to go deep into summer or even early into next year then we are prepared to do that at this point in time,” Seamer told the Herald Sun.
“Things are changing very frequently. But we have got a plan, the teams are all aligned.
“Now it’s just a matter of working through different scenarios and seeing how soon we can get back out there.”
Seamer added the championship is looking into ways to resume racing as soon as it is safe to do so, with the likes of TV-only events on the table.
A calendar rebuild will be done with as little disruption to the initial plan as possible, fitting in postponed events around existing dates.
“We are working through discussions with all of our partners at the tracks and discussing options with them, but again a lot of this could potentially come down to which states have which borders open at which time,” Seamer said.
“Really that’s the critical piece of information that we are waiting on.”