Championship naming rights partner
Media partners
©2026 Supercars
©2026 Supercars. All rights reserved.
hero-img

'Gloves are off': Feeney determined to push past 2025 devastation

Supercars
2h
"It is still extremely hard and raw... but you’ve got to move on"
3 mins by James Pavey
Broc Feeney
  • Broc Feeney determined to push past 2025 championship devastation

  • Triple Eight star enters 2026 as hot favourite for drivers' championship

  • Feeney missed out on 2025 crown to Chaz Mostert after final day drama

Certain scenes of the 2025 bp Adelaide Grand Final are still too much to digest for Broc Feeney, who is determined to make his mark when the new season gets underway.

The Triple Eight Race Engineering star enters 2026 as a hot favourite for the championship, after claiming 14 wins and 19 pole positions last season.

Feeney missed out on the crown in heartbreaking fashion in Adelaide, spluttering home with engine issues after being turned around by champion Chaz Mostert's teammate Ryan Wood.

The pre-season has welcomed a sharper-edged Feeney, who admitted he was "angrier than ever" and claimed there was "bad blood" over the clash with Wood.

The 23-year-old has already laid down the gauntlet to his rivals, claiming there’s no reason why he and his team can’t fight for wins with their new Fords at Round 1.

However, the wounds of Adelaide remain, Feeney notably turning away during a trailer of the new Supercars: Road to Glory documentary during Tuesday's media call before the season launch at NEP Studios.

Feeney, Mostert and Wood were joined by Will Brown, Anton De Pasquale and David Reynolds at NEP Studios before Tuesday night's official season launch.

When asked what he took away from his defeat, Feeney told Fox Sports News: "At the end of the day, the big thing for me is I always thought that the end result would matter [in] how I felt about my season.

"But to be honest, looking back on it, we were deserving to be the champion last year. I'm extremely proud of what we did. I mean, we won 14 races, we got 19 pole positions, I don't think anyone can take away that from us from last year.

"So albeit I don't have the trophy with me, I feel like we did everything to deserve a trophy. There's no reason why we can't fight back and go again this year."

Feeney took extended leave over the summer, and like Scott McLaughlin, it seems the emotions of a championship lost may remain for some time, if not forever.

However, the Red Bull Ampol Racing star insists he has to move on and make 2026 count.

"I mean, it is still extremely hard and raw and there's still plenty of emotions coming back to the paddock for the first time, but you’ve got to move on," Feeney said.

"We go racing, gloves are off and looking forward to it.”

Fans can catch the new look cars at the DUNLOP Sydney 500 on February 20-22. Tickets, including for DUNLOP Free Friday, are on sale now.

MASTER-SC-AD-BLOCK-NEWS

Related News

Bruising day for Supercars stars at Bathurst 12 Hour
News
2d
Ford star explains Bathurst 12 Hour ending kangaroo incident
News
2d
'Want to smash each other': The unique camaraderie in pre-season Bathurst running
News
3d
Spotters Guide: Supercars stars at the 2026 Bathurst 12 Hour
News
3d
Feeney, Mostert flat out in Supercars, Bathurst 12 Hour crossover
News
4d
Feeney shoots warning at rivals after Triple Eight Ford debut
News
5d
Percat talks first impression of Triple Eight, Feeney friendship
News
6d
Triple Eight continues car quirk into new Ford Mustang era
News
10 Feb