Brad Jones Racing and Walkinshaw Andretti United edged towards the PIRTEK Pit Stop Challenge lead at The Bend.
Leaders Shell V-Power Racing Team retained the front-running despite a quiet weekend.
The Shell V-Power squad, BJR and WAU are covered by just four points heading to Sandown.
Two races counted for Pit Stop Challenge points at the OTR SuperSprint.
It was Erebus Motorsport which made it count in Race 21, taking home maximum points for a quick stop for Brodie Kostecki.
WAU's fast stops for Chaz Mostert helped the team to second in Race 21, and top spot in Race 22.
The BP Ultimate Safety Car made an appearance in the water-logged finale.
BJR's crew on the #8 and #14 also took home points in Races 21 and 22.
The defending Pit Stop Challenge champions clocked the third best time in Race 21 for Andre Heimgartner.
BJR then laid down the second best time in Race 22 for Bryce Fullwood despite the shock of Heimgartner's crash.
Heimgartner suffered a major start-line accident with Thomas Randle, and was ruled out of the finale.
Red Bull Ampol Racing scored the third best time in Race 22 thanks to a fast stop for Broc Feeney.
It helped Red Bull Ampol Racing climb to fifth, and is just five points from a finals berth.
The 2022 Pit Stop Challenge will continue at the Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint next weekend.
The challenge will conclude at the ITM Auckland SuperSprint before the Bathurst live finals.
Teams will go head to head in pursuit of $20,000 and the coveted 'Golden Rattle Gun Trophy'.
The live finals will be held at October's Repco Bathurst 1000.
The 2022 season will resume at Sandown on August 19-21. Purchase your tickets now.
PIRTEK Pit Stop Challenge leaderboard after Round 8
1) Shell V-Power Racing Team (Anton De Pasquale & Will Davison), 118 points
2) Brad Jones Racing (Andre Heimgartner & Bryce Fullwood), 115 points
3) Walkinshaw Andretti United (Nick Percat & Chaz Mostert), 114 points
4) Tickford Racing (Thomas Randle & Jake Kostecki), 95 points
5) Red Bull Ampol Racing (Broc Feeney & Shane van Gisbergen), 90 points
6) Tickford Racing (James Courtney & Cam Waters), 82 points
7) Team 18 (Mark Winterbottom & Scott Pye), 81 points
8) Brad Jones Racing (Jack Smith & Macauley Jones), 77 points
9) Erebus Motorsport (Will Brown & Brodie Kostecki), 74 points
10) Penrite Racing (Lee Holdsworth & David Reynolds), 68 points
11) Matt Stone Racing (Jack Le Brocq & Todd Hazelwood), 41 points
12) CoolDrive Racing (Tim Slade), 30 points
13) PremiAir Racing (Chris Pither & Garry Jacobson), 16 points