We understand the importance of protecting the personal information of individuals and are committed to ensuring that we conduct our business in compliance with Australian privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
What kinds of information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect from you include your name, address, post code, date of birth, phone number, email address, credit and debit card details, payment facility details, billing address, purchase and payment history, memberships and affiliations.
We may also collect information other than personal information when you access or use our Online Media, including, your server or IP address, the pages you accessed and documents downloaded, the website you came from and the type of browser you are using. This information may be collected passively from users of our Online Media.
How we collect your information
Supercars Group may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you use our Online Media or Services or otherwise submit personal information to us;
- indirectly from you, for example, through memberships, promotions, sponsored events, accreditations, activities, features, or resources we make available in connection with our Services;
- from our service providers, suppliers, partners, state and commonwealth government, sponsors, teams and drivers; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
What do we use your information for?
Supercars Group will generally only use your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected, which may include:
- to provide you with our Online Media and Services;
- to maintain our customer relations management database for the purposes of administering our Online Media and Services;
- to improve our Online Media and Services, for example, planning, research, product development and customisation;
- to assess your application or entries for, and provide you with access to, applicable Online Media or Services (for example the SuperView service);
- to communicate with you, including responding to queries and feedback and providing you with information about our Online Media or Services that may be of interest to you (for example, through newsletters);
- to conduct marketing and promotional activities, including trade promotions and competitions; and
- to process payments and otherwise facilitate our business operations.
We may also use your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, provided you would reasonably expect us to do so.
We also use information collected passively through our Online Media to help us improve our Online Media and Services, and to customise your experience.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Supercars Group may disclose your information to third parties if necessary for the purposes specified above or for other purposes that you consent to.
The third parties we may disclose your personal information to include:
- our service providers and suppliers used to support our Online Media and Services;
- our business partners, advertisers, marketers and sponsors;
- our consultants and professional advisers; and
- state and commonwealth government and regulatory organisations.
We do not generally disclose personal information to third parties located outside of Australia (Offshore Recipients). However, we may occasionally need to disclose your personal information to Offshore Recipients and you consent to such disclosure. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that any Offshore Recipients handle your personal information in a manner that is consistent with Australian privacy laws. However, we do not control, nor accept liability for, the acts and omissions of these Offshore Recipient.
We may also disclose your personal information if required or authorised by law or if disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our, or a third party’s, rights or property, or prevent a threat to life, health or safety. If so, we will only disclose personal information that we are required to disclose, which may include your name and contact information. Any such disclosure may be without notice to you.
How do we store information?
Supercars Group stores information in both hard copy and electronic form in secure facilities or databases, accessible only by authorised persons.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to us via the Internet.
Personal information we hold about you
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access, update or correct the personal information Supercars Group holds about you. If at any time you would like to access, update or correct this personal information, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us using the details provided below.
In order to access, update or correct your personal information, we may request that you provide us with proof of your identity. This is necessary to protect the privacy of others and prevent unauthorised access to, modification or disclosure of, personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days from your request. A reasonable fee may be charged for the cost of retrieval and supply of information where permitted under the Privacy Act.
Amendments to policy
The Supercars Group policy may be updated from time to time. The current version of the policy will be available at our website located at www.supercars.com /privacy-policy
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding the Supercars Group and privacy, please contact our Privacy Compliance Manager:
Phone: +61 7 5630 0364
Post: PO Box 607, Southport BC QLD 4215.
How to make privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Compliance Manager using the details provided above. Your complaint will be treated seriously and promptly in a confidential manner by the Privacy Compliance Manager. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001
|Convert to my local time Convert to event location time|