Click here for the 2021 Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint Track Map.
Ticketek Box Office
Gate 2, Gate 6B & Gate 8
Saturday 7:15am - 5:00pm
Sunday 7:45am - 4:00pm
Gate Opening Times
Gate 2, Gate 6B
Gate 8 Park n View
Wednesday 17 March 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 18 March 6:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 19 March 6:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 20 March 6:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 21 March 7:00am - 10:00am
Park and View
Join a Sandown tradition and experience with Park and View. Watch all the racing action from the comfort of your car with some of the best track viewing available. This year’s events see two separate locations – PV1 is located between Turns 5 and 6 with entry via Gate 8 on Corrigan Road and PV2 is between Turns 9 and 12 entry via Gate 6B on Racecourse Drive, you will have dedicated food and beverage outlets available to you and you can bring your own BBQ for a great weekend.
Only one Park and View ticket is required per car. However, each person in the car must have a valid event ticket. The Park and View Upgrade is not an event ticket. In line with our COVID plan there will be two Park and View areas as outlined above and you must stay within your dedicated area. When purchasing your event ticket ensure you select the corresponding P&V area to your vehicle ticket.
Your event tickets must be purchased in the same transaction as your Park and View vehicle pass. Please select the total number of event tickets and CLICK Add to Basket before you go to payment. You will not be able to purchase individual event tickets once you have passed this point.
The following conditions must be strictly adhered to in addition to the above Conditions of Entry to the Event:
- All vehicles must adhere to a strict 10kph speed limit.
- Patrons must be seated at all times in the Park and View area unless using amenities or purchasing from the vendors in the Park and View area.
- All vehicles will undergo a full search before entering.
- Each patron in the car 13 years and older requires an entry ticket in addition to the vehicle’s Park and View ticket to gain entry into the event precinct.
- Each vehicle requires a Park and View ticket – available pre-paid through Ticketek.
- Only one Park and View ticket is required per car.
- No glass or alcohol is permitted into the event.
- All vehicles must be passenger vehicles only – no caravans, trailers, trucks or motorhomes.
- Only personal amounts of food are allowed into the venue via Park and View.
- You must follow all directions from parking staff members.
- Tents can only be placed at the rear of your vehicle. Side awnings are prohibited.
Car Parking and Entry
Located 30km from Melbourne, follow the Princes Highway south east taking the Racecourse Road overpass exit into Sandown Raceway.
Alternatively take the Citylink Toll freeway south east from Melbourne. Exit at the Ferntree Gully Road exit and turn right into Springvale Road. Continue to Princes Highway, turn left then left into the Racecourse Road overpass exit into Sandown Raceway.
Free car parking is available near Gate 2, 6B and on the Southern end of the circuit near the Railway Station.
Car parks will be filled on a first in best dressed basis. Electronic signage will be updated when car parks have reached full capacity.
Please follow all signage and the directions of traffic controllers, who will direct you to the nearest available car park. Car parking is accessible off Racecourse Drive, from Princes Highway and Allister Road, from Corrigan Road.
Rail services will be operating to and from Sandown regularly. Take the train from Melbourne by catching either the Cranbourne or Pakenham line trains to Sandown Park Railway Station. Visit metlinkmelbourne.com.au for Train schedules.
Visit Public Transport Victoria for live travel updates.
A dedicated wheelchair accessible viewing platform is located at the back of the grandstand and also within the Park & View areas inside Gate 6B and 8. Patrons must have a general admission (Trackside) ticket to access this area. The viewing area is attended by volunteers throughout the event and allows access to those patrons with a disability and one (1) companion.
There are a number of wheelchair friendly toilets in the precinct. Locations are:
- In the main Grandstand
- Inside the Park & View areas at Gate 6B and 8
Access Around Precinct
There are no track crossings at this event. A wheelchair accessible shuttle will be operating at the circuit from 9am each day transporting patrons between gates.
With the proper vehicle accreditation, disabled parking is available in the VIP parking section near the main Gate 2.
Companion Cards are accepted at this event for general admission tickets. If a companion card ticket is required, then the companion card must be presented at the time of booking and also carried with the disabled person when attending the event. To book companion card tickets please call 132 849 or visit any Ticketek outlet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Food and Beverage
There are a number of food outlets to choose from located around the event precinct. Patrons may bring in limited quantities of food and drink for personal consumption. No alcohol or glass is permitted to be brought into the precinct.
Alcoholic beverages are available for sale from the numerous bars and licensed outlets located throughout the venue. Bars will operate from 10am daily. Liquor licensing laws prevent patrons from bringing their own alcohol into the venue. No glass is permitted.
The Information Booth is located just inside Gate 2. The Information Booth will be the first point of contact for all lost property.
Tune into 89.3 FM during the event to hear commentary of racing action and what’s happening on and off the track.
Victorian Police will be in attendance for the duration of the Event.
COVID Safe Plan
The Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint will be run in accordance with a Victorian Health Covid Safe Industry Plan.
The 2021 event precinct has been designed to allow for COVID-Safe enjoyment and patrons must physically distance at all times.
The venue will have three public areas; Park and View 1, Park and View 2 and the Grandstand. Patrons will only be able to access the area of their ticket, e.g Park and View 1 ticket holders are not permitted in the Grandstand area or in the Park and View 2 area.
Please do not come to the event if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 case. We all play a part in keeping each other safe.
When attending the event please:
- Be courteous when queuing for entry/exit or food and beverage – follow the markers
- Keep 1.5 metres from other spectators or guests
- Use designated spectator seating and/or waiting areas
- Unless queuing for food, all patrons must be seated at all times.
- Use the separate entry and exit points
- Do not bring cash, this is a cashless event
- Use the sanitiser stations available to you at key entry and exit points; hand hygiene is critical
- Wash hands properly and regularly
- We will remind you during the day with signage, Big Screen messages and by our roaming team members