What was the final margin in the 2018 title fight between Scott McLaughlin and Shane van Gisbergen?
b) 49 c) 71 – 3,944 points to 3,873
2. Who won more races in 2018 out of the title contenders? a) Scott McLaughlin, with nine victories to seven
b) Shane van Gisbergen
3. How many ARMOR ALL Pole Positions did Scott McLaughlin take in 2018?
b) 12 c) 13 – Albert Park, Phillip Island x2, Barbagallo, Winton x2, Townsville, Queensland Raceway x2, Sydney Motorsport Park, Gold Coast, Pukekohe
4. Was that more or less than in 2017?
a) More b) Less – McLaughlin set a Supercars record of 16 across the 2017 season
5. With McLaughlin's crown, how many times has a Falcon driver now won the championship?
c) 16 d) 17 – A fitting send-off for the Falcon, given McLaughlin was carrying Dick Johnson's famous #17
6. Which driver took their first Supercars victory in 2018? a) Scott Pye – On the Saturday night at Albert Park, his 165th Supercars start
b) James Moffat
c) Earl Bamber
d) Anton De Pasquale
7. True or false: Rick Kelly's victory at Winton was his first driving a Nissan Altima. a) True – Kelly's preceding win came in a Kelly Racing Holden at Sandown in 2011
8. Who won the first Supercars race at The Bend Motorsport Park?
a) David Reynolds
b) Scott McLaughlin c) Shane van Gisbergen – Ahead of Nissan pair Kelly and Michael Caruso
d) Jamie Whincup
9. How many races did the retiring Craig Lowndes win in 2018?
a) 1 b) 2 – On the Sunday at Symmons Plains, and then Bathurst with Steven Richards
10. How many teams' titles has Triple Eight now won?
a) 8 b) 9 – 2008, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16 and '18
11. Which of this year's five main game rookies finished highest in the championship?
a) Anton De Pasquale
b) James Golding
c) Todd Hazelwood d) Jack Le Brocq – In 19th place, one spot and 149 points ahead of De Pasquale
e) Richie Stanaway
12. Simona De Silvestro recorded a new personal-best Supercars result in Newcastle – what was it?
b) 9th c) 10th, in the Saturday race
13. How many racing numbers did 23Red Racing's Will Davison use in 2018?
b) 2 c) 3 – The regular 230 was accompanied by 400 in Perth to mark Davison's 400th race, and then 120 at Queensland Raceway for sponsor Milwaukee Tools
14. Which outfit was the best of the standalone single-car teams in the championship? a) 23Red Racing, with 15th for Davison
b) Team 18
c) Tekno Autosports
d) Matt Stone Racing
15. Where did Triple Eight sweep the podium?
b) Sydney Motorsport Park
c) Tailem Bend d) Sandown – Jamie Whincup/Paul Dumbrell dominated and were joined on the rostrum by Shane van Gisbergen/Earl Bamber and Craig Lowndes/Steven Richards
16. First-year outfit Matt Stone Racing switched brands mid-season, from Ford to Holden. What was its first Commodore event?
b) Queensland Raceway
c) Sydney Motorsport Park d) Tailem Bend – Hazelwood got back into his Super2-winning Commodore for the final six events
17. In the Falcon's Bathurst farewell, where did its highest finisher wind up?
a) 2nd b) 3rd, with Scott McLaughlin and Alex Premat
18. How many Bathurst wins do Craig Lowndes and Steven Richards now have between them?
a) 10 b) 12 – Seven for Lowndes and five for Richards
19. From which position did Erebus rookie Anton De Pasquale start the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000? a) 3rd – De Pasquale was ninth in regular qualifying, then starred in the Shootout
20. Who was originally set to be Lee Holdsworth's 2018 PIRTEK Enduro Cup partner?
a) Karl Reindler
b) Kurt Kostecki c) Matt Brabham, who was signed in February and then split with the team in July
d) Jason Bright
21. Which entry took the unwanted honour of the first Bathurst DNF?
a) Anton De Pasquale/Will Brown
b) Cameron Waters/David Russell c) James Courtney/Jack Perkins – With an engine failure on lap 34, having run in the top 10 to that point
d) Michael Caruso/Dean Fiore
22. Which set of two team-mates were the most-closely matched in the end-of-year points?
a) Jamie Whincup and Shane van Gisbergen
b) Nick Percat and Tim Slade c) Andre Heimgartner and Michael Caruso – Just 10 points split the Nissan duo
d) Scott Pye and James Courtney
23. Is Rick Kelly's eighth the highest an Altima driver has finished in the championship so far? a) Yes – The program's previous best was ninth
24. Who set more fastest laps than any other driver in 2018?
a) James Courtney b) Jamie Whincup, with 10
c) Scott McLaughlin
d) Shane van Gisbergen
25. Which Dunlop Super2 Series drivers ran as wildcards in 2018?
a) Garry Jacobson and Macauley Jones
b) Bryce Fullwood and Kurt Kostecki c) Kurt Kostecki and Macauley Jones – Both drivers at Tailem Bend and Jones at Hidden Valley and Kostecki at Queensland Raceway
d) Alex Rullo and Garry Jacobson
26. Where did the incoming Mustang Supercar turn its first laps?
a) Sydney Motorsport Park b) Queensland Raceway – On November 7, before heading to Phillip Island
c) Morgan Park Raceway
d) Phillip Island
27. Mark Winterbottom is now a former Tickford Racing driver, how many seasons did he spend with the Ford team?
b) 11 c) 13 – He arrived in 2006 as a 24-year-old
28. Were will Winterbottom be racing in 2019?
a) Brad Jones Racing
b) 23Red Racing
c) Erebus Motorsport d) Team 18 – Replacing Lee Holdsworth driving a Triple Eight-built Commodore
29. Which American driver tested a Supercar in January? a) Jordan Taylor, who sampled a Red Bull HRT ZB at Queensland Raceway on January 22
b) Marco Andretti
c) Joey Hand
d) Scott Speed
30. When did Nissan announce the end of its factory backing of Kelly Racing?
b) April c) May – Just before the team grabbed a victory at Winton
31. What was Tekno rookie Jack Le Brocq's best result of the season? a) 5th, on Sunday at Symmons Plains, having finished ninth on the Saturday
32. Which state hosted the most Supercars races in 2018?
a) New South Wales
c) South Australia d) Victoria – With nine, to six for Queensland and four apiece for New South Wales and South Australia
33. Who was named the Drivers' Driver at the 2018 Gala Awards?
a) Scott McLaughlin
b) Shane van Gisbergen
c) Jamie Whincup d) David Reynolds, to accompany his second Barry Sheene Medal
34. Which multi-car team was the last to record a podium in 2018?
a) Garry Rogers Motorsport
b) Nissan Motorsport c) Tickford Racing – At Barbagallo Raceway with Winterbottom, in Race 11 of the campaign
d) Walkinshaw Andretti United
35. Which pairing finished second in the PIRTEK Enduro Cup to Craig Lowndes and Steven Richards? a) Scott McLaughlin and Alex Premat – 87 points behind after the three completed races
b) Scott Pye and Warren Luff
c) Shane van Gisbergen and Earl Bamber
d) Chaz Mostert and James Moffat
36. The Le Mans class-winning Ford GT made a cameo at Bathurst – who drove it? a) Ryan Briscoe – The Australian races one full-time in the United States
b) Tony D'Alberto
c) Alex Davison
b) Scott Dixon
37. Of the two additions to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship calendar in 2018, which circuit is longer? a) Albert Park – 5.303km in length to 4.945km configuration of The Bend Supercars uses
b) The Bend Motorsport Park
38. Craig Lowndes' next race will be with Triple Eight team-mates Jamie Whincup and Shane van Gisbergen in February's Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour. Which GT3 sportscar will they be driving?
a) Audi R8 LMS
b) Bentley Continental
c) Ferrari 488 d) Mercedes-AMG – With backing from Vodafone in a Triple Eight flashback
39. Erebus gave its E63 Supercar package a return to the track earlier this month. When did it last race?
a) 2016 b) 2015 – At Homebush in that year's season finale with Will and Alex Davison
40. David Reynolds took the Sunday race at Hidden Valley for Erebus and was joined on the podium by #1 mechanic Brad Tremain. What did Tremain repurpose as a drinking vessel, to accompany Reynolds' shoey?
a) One of his own shoes
b) Team boss Barry Ryan's hat c) An oil filter – From sponsor Ryco, no less
d) The shell of a mirror