1. Peter Brock holds the race’s all-time win record. How many victories did he achieve?
b) 8 c) 9, in 1972, '75, '78, '79, '80, '82, '83, '84 and '87
2. Which driver has made the most starts?
a) Peter Brock b) Jim Richards, with 35 – including seven wins – between 1974 and 2006
c) Dick Johnson
d) Colin Bond
3. Peter Brock has the most poles with six. Who sits second on the all-time tally? a) Mark Skaife, with five, including in 2002, above, when he and Richards won
b) Allan Moffat
c) Dick Johnson
d) Greg Murphy
4. Which driver has the most Bathurst podium finishes? a) Craig Lowndes, with 13 – six wins, five seconds and two thirds
b) Peter Brock
c) Jim Richards
d) Larry Perkins
5. Which driver has made the most Shootout appearances?
a) Larry Perkins
b) Peter Brock
c) Mark Skaife d) Dick Johnson, with 21, three clear of Larry Perkins
6. How many times has Jamie Whincup won the race?
a) 3 b) 4 – in 2006, '07, '08 and '12
7. In which year did Scott McLaughlin make his debut?
b) 2011 c) 2012 – finishing sixth with Jonathon Webb in a Tekno Commodore
8. Who was Craig Lowndes’ co-driver for his debut in 1994?
a) Peter Brock b) Brad Jones, the pair famously finishing second in an HRT Commodore
c) Rickard Rydell
d) Tomas Mezera
9. In which year did Fabian Coulthard suffer his famous lap one rollover?
a) 2009 b) 2010 – the Bundaberg Rum Commodore having started 21st
10. How many laps did winners Will Davison/Jonathon Webb lead in 2016? a) 0 – Whincup and Paul Dumbrell led 133, but their time penalty handed Davison and Webb the win
11. How long is the Mount Panorama circuit?
a) 6.123km b) 6.213km
12. When did the race move from 500 miles to 1000km?
c) 1972 d) 1973 – Allan Moffat and Ian Geoghegan won the 163-lap race
13. In which year was the Safety Car first introduced?
b) 1984 c) 1987, when Bathurst was part of the World Touring Car Championship
14. On how many occasions has the race not run its full distance?
b) 1 c) 2, in 1981 and '92 due to crashes that brought out the red flags
15. When was the last time the race winners led every lap?
b) 1984 c) 1989, when Dick Johnson and John Bowe dominated the race in a Shell Sierra
16. What time did Scott McLaughlin record to score pole in 2017?
a) 2:03.7946s b) 2:03.8312s, to be 0.4434 seconds quicker than David Reynolds in the ARMOR ALL Top 10 Shootout
17. Who finished second in the 2017 race?
a) Fabian Coulthard/Tony D’Alberto b) Scott Pye/Warren Luff, from 20th on the grid in their Walkinshaw Commodore
c) Nick Percat/Macauley Jones
d) Scott McLaughlin/Alex Premat
18. Which car recorded the fastest lap in the 2017 race? a) David Reynolds/Luke Youlden, a 2:07.5013s
b) Scott McLaughlin/Alex Premat
c) Shane van Gisbergen/Matt Campbell
d) Chaz Mostert/Steve Owen
19. Which car led the most laps in the 2017 race?
a) Chaz Mostert/Steven Owen b) Cameron Waters/Richie Stanaway, with 63 of the 161
c) David Reynolds/Luke Youlden
d) Shane van Gisbergen/Matt Campbell
20. Where did Jamie Whincup/Paul Dumbrell finish in 2017 following engine problems? a) 20th – 37 laps down but banking 90 points for Whincup's title bid