Supercars teams, drivers and partners will put some of their most prized possessions, cherished memorabilia and money can’t buy items to public auction to help Australia’s struggling farmers.
The Super Drought Relief auction will be held online via Lloyds Auctions in the lead-up to Australia’s greatest race, the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, and has attracted some exclusive items.
All proceeds go directly to the Burrumbuttock Hay Runners, who supply and transport hay and essential living items to farmers across the country.
To kickstart the auction, Ford Australia has donated a Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Dual Cab to the items people can bid for, while Craig Lowndes and the Autobarn Lowndes Racing Team has donated his entire kit – racesuit, boots and gloves – from next month's Great Race.
“It’s second-nature for Australians to look out for each other which is why Ford donated a Ranger XLT to help Supercars support the affected communities," Kay Hart, President and CEO, Ford of Australia and New Zealand said.
"It’s times like these where we need to come together and are far better for it."
DJR Team Penske has donated the first hotlap in the 2019 Ford Mustang Supercar at next year’s Adelaide 500 as part of a list of the items going to public auction leading into the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
“The farmers of New South Wales and Queensland are facing extraordinary challenges,” Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said.
“We are thankful our sport is in a position to be able to provide support and hope it assists them and their families.”
Burrumbuttock Hay Runners’ Brendan Farrell welcomed Supercars support in their fight to assist farmers.
“BHR is about mates helping mates in a time of need,” Farrell said. “Farmers impacted by drought often struggle to ask for help.
"This is about showing fellow Australian’s that someone cares about them and we are so grateful Supercars can be a part of what we are trying to achieve.”
Auction items, with more to be added in the lead-up to Bathurst, so far include:
- A Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Dual Cab from Ford Australia
- Craig Lowndes’ racesuit, boots and gloves from the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
- The first hotlap in the ]Shell V-Power 2019 Ford Mustang, including the racesuit and two corporate hospitality passes to the Adelaide 500
- Two passes into the Red Bull Holden Racing Team garage at the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 for Lowndes’ last race, including two tickets on the Red Bull Superyacht and garage tour
- Waving the green flag to the start the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 from Supercars
- A year’s supply of petrol from Caltex Service Stations from Caltex
- Three nights’ accommodation and Trackside Lounge access to the Vodafone Gold Coast 600 including a back-stage concert pass from Supercars
- Three limited edition Kelly Racing racesuits – the historic Jack Daniels and ‘Jack Lives Here’ suits worn by Ricky Kelly, Todd Kelly and New Zealand IndyCar Champion Scott Dixon
- A one-off Mark Winterbottom commemorative racesuit from the final test of the last Ford Falcon FG
- Two Virgin Australia business class airfares to Hong Kong from Virgin Australia
- Return airfares to Adelaide, a night’s accommodation, Cooper’s brewery tour and private lunch at the Cooper’s Ale House, from Coopers