Pye confirms broken rib

  • Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
  • |
  • 14/10/2015
  • By Kassie Gadeke

Scott Pye has confirmed he has come out of his accident at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 with one broken rib.

However, the 25-year old DJR Team Penske driver said he "should" be on-track for next week's Castrol Gold Coast 600 to pair up with Marcos Ambrose.

Pye and Ambrose's #17 Ford Falcon FG X was one to watch across the four days at Mount Panorama, but their assault ended suddenly with a heavy crash at the top of the Mountain and 25-year old Pye being taken immediately to Orange Hospital.

It has been a roller coaster since then, with Pye announced as part of an expanded two-car team for 2016 at DJR Team Penske, but also learning of his injury, with just over a week until the next event at the Castrol Gold Coast 600.

Scott Pye shares his thoughts on the Bathurst weekend.

Posted by DJR Team Penske onTuesday, October 13, 2015

"We had fantastic speed all weekend - unfortunately it ended in a big crash and mechanical failure on Sunday," Pye said in a DJR Team Penske video.

"I'm ok, I have got one broken rib, which I've only just found out in the last couple of minutes.

"So I have got a broken rib, but I'm on the mend at the moment. I'll take it easy for the next couple of weeks and should be back on-track for the Gold Coast 600 next weekend."

It is believed the rib injury is not severe enough to keep Pye from driving.

Despite the tough end to a strong run, Pye described Bathurst weekend as "fantastic" for the team.

Stay In The Know
Sign up to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship Newsletter