Ingall confirms retirement from full-time racing

  • Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
  • |
  • 08/12/2014
  • By V8 Supercars

Russell Ingall has confirmed via Twitter that he will not be continuing as a full-time driver in the V8 Supercars season in 2015.

Well, that's it. Finished with a fizzle and not a bang. Had a blast over the years and huge thanks to all the race fans and sponsors. RI OUT

Russell Ingall (@RussellIngall) December 7, 2014

'The Enforcer' has long been a fan favourite and while his full-time retirement was originally said to be at the conclusion of 2013, a last minute signing to help bolster the small Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport team kept him on the grid this season.

His best result was a fourth-place finish in Tasmania - and Ingall was part of one of the year's biggest news stories causing controversy at Winton as he ploughed through the field, collected David Wall and was outspoken about his thoughts on the penalty handed down.

Ingall confirmed to v8supercars.com.au earlier this season that he was looking for a co-drive for 2015 and it is believed he is still considering his options.

"I would like to get another Bathurst under my belt, but to do that I am going to have to be with a good team and another good driver," Ingall told v8supercars.com.au in October.

"I can pace with any of the main game drivers no problems at all. And I could do that next year."

Ingall's final finishing position in the points was 18th this season, and he is a one-time V8 Supercars Champion and two-time Bathurst winner.

Across the weekend LDM confirmed it would be running two cars in the 2015 season, meaning the team is on the lookout for two drivers.

Stay In The Know
Sign up to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship Newsletter