1. Red Bull Racing Australia is aiming to become the firs team in history to win the race five times in a row. Triple Eight Race Engineering has won the last five pre-Bathurst 500-kilometre endurance races covering Phillip Island (2010/2011) and Sandown (2012-2014).
2. If car #1 was to win the Wilson Security Sandown 500, Jamie Whincup and Paul Dumbrell would take their third consecutive victory, which has not been done since Sandown became a two-driver enduro in 1984.
3. Nine current drivers are former Sandown 500 winners - Craig Lowndes, Todd Kelly, Jason Bright, Mark Winterbottom, Jamie Whincup, Warren Luff, Paul Dumbrell, Marcos Ambrose and the returning Russell Ingall.Lowndes, Whincup and Dumbrell are the only multiple winners.
4. Lowndes has won eight of the annual pre-Bathurst 500-kilometre endurance races - the Sandown 500 (1996, 1997, 2005, 2007, 2012), Phillip Island 500 (2010, 2011) and the Queensland 500 (2000).
5. Stepping into a Holden Racing Team Commodore for the first time, Russell Ingall's rise from retirement extends his record for most round starts in ATCC/V8SC history to 248.
6. Wilson Security GRM Volvo driver Scott McLaughlin makes his 100th V8 Supercars Championship race start this weekend, after debuting in 2012 at Sandown as co-driver for TEKNO's Jonathon Webb.
7. Team CoolDrive co-driver Karl Reindler makes his 50th V8 Supercars Championship round start, in what is his first appearance in the category since 2013's Gold Coast event.
8. Dunlop Series drivers Jack Le Brocq and Macauley Jones will make their V8 Supercars Championship debuts at Sandown with Erebus Motorsport and Brad Jones Racing respectively.
9. Two co-drivers have never competed at Sandown Raceway before - French IndyCar ace Sebastien Bourdais and Super Black Racing's and Ant Pedersen. SBR main driver Andre Heimgartner has never raced there, either.
10. V8 Supercar Hall of Famers Dick Johnson and John Bowe still hold the record for the lowest grid position for a winning car in the history of the Wilson Security Sandown 500. The duo started 15th in 1994 in an EB Falcon.
Every year since the Sandown 500-winning car has started inside the top 10 on the grid.