1. Scott McLaughlin and Chaz Mostert collected the race wins in the last event at Queensland Raceway and they also have stunning Sydney Motorsport Park form to bring into the Red Rooster Sydney SuperSprint. The duo has scored the last seven SMP pole positions in a row; four to Mostert and three to McLaughlin.
2. This year is the 22nd time Sydney Motorsport Park (formerly known as Eastern Creek) has hosted a round of the Supercars Championship. A total of 50 races have been held since 1992 with 10 of them won by Mark Skaife. Craig Lowndes has the most wins by an active driver - five.
3. Shell V-Power Racing Team’s Scott McLaughlin has proven unstoppable in qualifying this year. He’s now taken 11 ARMOR ALL Pole Positions from the last 14 races and when he hasn’t qualified on pole in that time he’s still been on the front row.
4. Fords have won 11 of the last 13 races in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - nine of those have gone to DJR Team Penske and two to Prodrive Racing Australia.
5. Garth Tander still holds the Supercars lap record at Sydney Motorsport Park, set in 2012 driving a previous generation Commodore VE II for the Holden Racing Team - 1m30.9123s.
The Wilson Security GRM driver finished on the podium at SMP in his first appearance back in 1999 with the team. His last podium there came in 2014 with HRT.
6. The closest pole-winning margin at Sydney Motorsport Park in Supercars racing remains 0.0062s between Glenn Seton and Greg Murphy in 1997.
7. Craig Lowndes has competed in more SMP Supercars rounds than any other active driver. He’s started a total of 16 since his debut there in 1996 with Todd Kelly and Garth Tander each having made 15 appearances over the years.
8. John Bowe holds the record for the closest winning margin for a Supercars race at Sydney Motorsport Park. He beat Craig Lowndes by just 0.0782-seconds to win Race 1 in the 1996 round held there.
9. The Safety Car has only appeared in 15 of the last 50 Supercars Championship races at SMP. Last year’s round went Safety Car-free, the first time that had occurred there since 2012.
10. The Dunlop Super2 Series will make its first appearance in 12 years at SMP this weekend. The circuit hosted the inaugural series round in 2000 and hosted rounds between 2003 and 2005. Dean Canto won the last Super2 round held at SMP driving a Dick Johnson Racing Falcon with Warren Luff and Tony D’Alberto rounding out the podium.