Macauley Jones will have to wait another day to make his first start as a full-time Supercars driver, with his Team CoolDrive Commodore ruled out of Saturday's race.
Jones crashed heavily at Turn 9 in final practice on Saturday morning at the Superloop Adelaide 500, after suffering a brake failure.
Extensive rear end damage was assessed when the Holden returned to the Brad Jones Racing garage.
A bid to complete repairs in time for Jones to tackle the race at 4:50pm has been unsuccessful, but the 24-year-old is set to be back in action on Sunday.
Speaking in a team update just prior to the ARMOR ALL Top 10 Shootout, Jones said there's plenty of work ahead.
“It’s a really disappointing way to start the season,” said Jones, who had earlier emerged shaken from the biggest crash of his career.
“We’ve got about another three hours of fabrication work for the boys to cut the rear-rails out of the car to replace them.
“Hopefully after that, the mechanics can jump in, put it back together and you’ll see us back on the grid tomorrow hopefully.
“Not the way we wanted to start the debut, but it is what it is and we’ll come back tomorrow strong.”
The other two BJR Commodores of Nick Percat and Tim Slade will start eighth and 11th later on Saturday afternoon.